Erin's Reviews > The Litigators

F 50x66
Jun 25, 12

it was ok
Read in May, 2012

In the past, I have enjoyed John Grisham's novels, but The Litigators did not live up to the standards of Grisham's early novels like A Time to Kill or The Firm , even some of his more recent novels are better developed in plot, characters, and conflict than The Litigators .

At first The Litigators seems ridiculous, lawyers running after (or causing) car accidents, but then the story picks up when David Zinc begins to look into the lead poisoning of a young, Burmese boy (whose name escapes me right now). This is where the novel picks up, but then drops off again because it returns to the Krayoxx case and the ridiculousness of Wally Figg, who appears as a caricature of a lawyer.

The novel would have been much better if it had focused on the lead poisoning and the impact of the poisoning on the Burmese family. This part is reminiscent of The Client , which is one of my favorite Grisham novels. Instead, The Litigators falls flat as "get-rich-quick" scheme of a story and lacks any seriousness and suspense that readers are used to with John Grisham.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Litigators.