Sadonna's Reviews > Room to Grow

Room to Grow by Kate Sherwood

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: mm, pdf, contemporary
Read in August, 2012

3.75 stars - I wanted more. It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Kate Sherwood's writing and Dark Horse is one of my favorite series.

This is a contemporary story about two characters that are dealing with new situations. Cole is just out of a bad relationship with a closeted jerk and David is just coming out of his marriage and coming out of the closet. But for some reason, Cole decides that David needs the support of a friend and he wants to be there for him. David would like Cole to be a lot more than a friend, but he's willing to take what he can get with Cole and if it's friendship, then he'll deal. Things are going fine with the friendship until Cole kisses David and then a tragedy strikes that takes David away and rekindles Cole's wariness about getting involved with someone newly out. The communication and the honesty in how Cole and David deal with each other is refreshing - especially Cole's self-examination into his own motivations and rejecting his less than worthy urges to go a different way. My only complaint is the brevity of the story - I would have liked to see more of the action after the tragedy because it seemed like there would be some interesting growth taking place.

So is this the start to a series? Will we maybe get to see a story starring Sasha? Or Rob? Or maybe Gil?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Room to Grow.