Ibjoy1953's Reviews > Mary Magdalene

U_50x66
Jun 25, 12

Read in June, 2012

Mary Magdalene by Diana Wallis Taylor

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK!

After reading “Journey to the Well” I am hooked on Diana Taylor’s books! I look forward to new ones coming out, and I was excited to be able to read and review “Mary Magdalene.” And again, I was not disappointed! If you like Biblical Fiction, this book is a must for you!

Since Mary Magdalene is somewhat a mystery because there is not much written about her in the Bible, I really wanted to read this book to find out what Diana Taylor’s version of Mary was. The book starts out with a young Mary, a daddy’s girl and love immensely by her mom. I enjoyed getting to know this young Mary, and following her life to adulthood. The accounts of Mary being demon possessed was heartbreaking, and her family staying close to her, supporting her was so heartwarming. Coming from this life, and the miracle of her healing, I can clearly see why Mary Magdalene was so devoted to Jesus. She loved Him deeply because He changed her life forever.

I cringe when I think about some of the things people have to say about Mary and her devotion to the Lord. And I appreciate Diana Taylor for how she shows us the real deal of why Mary loved Jesus so much. It was very well known that no one anywhere had been able to help Mary. And then her husband Nathan, a man wisely chosen by Jared for his daughter, hears about the healer Jesus. It was Jesus who healed Mary and gave her a new life. Shouldn’t that make Mary, and anyone else that Jesus has healed in a situation such as this, devoted to Him for life?

Wow, I feel like I keep jumping all over the place in this story. Even though we don’t know what Mary’s life was like, I thoroughly enjoyed this fictional novel of how Diana Wallis Taylor thought it could have been. It is fun just being able to wonder and read about how it could have been. And I feel the Biblical accounts were accurate, so that’s all that really matters to me, the rest is fiction, and that’s where the fun is.

*****Available June 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.*****

I received this book from the publisher Revell to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 55

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mary Magdalene.