Thee_ron_clark's Reviews > Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Oct 17, 2008

bookshelves: other-horror
Recommended for: everyone.
Read in October, 2008 , read count: 1

Had I not seen the first two seasons of Dexter, the television series this would have held more twists, turns, shocks, and surprises for me. On the other hand, had I not seen the series I probably would not have even looked into reading this. As far as the comparison between the book and the show, those checking both out will still find several differences in the two.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter is an excellent story about a blood splatter specialist working for the police department who is also a serial killer. Dexter becomes involved in a case following another killer who drains his victims completely of blood and cuts the bodies up into pieces. His sister, a vice cop is put on the task force to help solve the crime because all the victims are prostitutes.

His sister finds herself on the low end of the task force totem pole and requests Dexter's help with the case being that he sometimes gets "hunches" on serial crimes. Hmmm. Wonder why that is....

As the story progresses, Dexter finds himself infatuated with the crimes.

What can be said here? Read the book and then watch the show. If you've done one, do the other. Both are great entertainment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkly Dreaming Dexter.