Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > Marriage Most Scandalous

Marriage Most Scandalous by Johanna Lindsey

When I heard about Marriage Most Scandalous was about I was intrigued. The hero was described as a mercenary which made my ears perk up. I love dangerous romance heroes. What can I say? I was tempted, despite my limited financial funds to buy the book when it came out (from Walmart at a considerable discount), but since money wasn't good I elected to wait. And lo and behold, my patience was rewarded when I found it at the library. I finished the book in 2 days (because I saw three movies also in that time period), and I was totally satisfied.
Sebastian Townshend is in a word, a fantastic hero, despite his flaws: broody, rude, short-tempered. But also principled, vulnerable, and heroic. I pictured Christian Bale with a ponytail: tall, brawny, beautiful, brownish eyes, brooding. Perfection. Although I could not find an actress who fit Maggie's description, I had a very good picture of her in my head. This book definitely had elements that I love in my romance novels: dark, brooding hero, with an air of danger, who is disgraced for a past event that isn't totally his fault. A strong-willed, intelligent heroine who can handle him. And loads of chemistry. Sebastian's sexuality fairly erupted off the page. He makes such a very determined assault on Maggie's virtue that I know if I were in her shoes I would find very hard to resist, especially since their pretend marriage puts them in very close quarters. I felt the need to fan myself as I read the book. Lovely in a word. The secondary characters were also quite interesting and well-drawn. Of course there's never enough time to delve too deeply but JL tantalized the reader enough to wish that the book was 300 pages longer. As I finished this book I knew that my Johanna Lindsey slump was broken

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage Most Scandalous.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I bought this book from the library a few weeks ago. I will get to it soon. I will let you know what I think about the book.

message 2: by Miss Kim (new) - added it

Miss Kim Excellent review! Those kinds of heros are my favorites. Add in a Christian Bale reference and I am sold.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Kim. Christian Bale does it for me too. He ends up being quite a few of my romance novel heroes. Arch, I hope you enjoy the book. As you can see, I certainly did.

message 4: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch Yes, you have enjoyed the book. You know that I love reading about a good, bad boy. They tend to catch my attention.

message 6: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch Oh, and I love my good bad boys to be a sexy sassy.

Debbie I enjoyed this one.

message 10: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I'll read this book one day.

message 12: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch When I do read it, I'll write a review.