Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Dark Desires After Dusk

Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. As a matter of fact, it went by too fast. I had been captivated with Cade since Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, and I was holding my breath for his book. But the wait was richly rewarded. Holly is a perfect heroine for him. She brings out the protective side in Cade, but also the playful side. And if anyone needs to live a little, it's Holly. I loved the whole plotline and found it wildly romantic. This book was also a good action book with scenes that show that Holly is a powerful woman in her own right. I just adore Cade, even more then I did before. He is sexy beyond belief, and very funny also. I loved his devotion to Holly, and how he challenged her but cared for her at the same time. It was great to see Holly come into the woman she was meant to be. She learns that it is a good thing to trust one's instincts as well as one's intellect. She also learns to acknowledge her sensual nature, and what better teacher than Cade. Cade and Holly had some serious chemistry, but there was also a deep emotional connection. This book just further increased my love of this series. With each book, I more eagerly await more books in the Immortals After Dark series. Kresley Cole's imagination is incredible, teamed with some excellent research. So I end by saying, take this ride wild, but you might want a cold drink and a fan while you read it.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Desires After Dusk.

Quotes Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Liked

Kresley Cole
“Cadeon, can you hear me?"

He didn't open his eyes. "Nothing wrong with my ears."

"Of course not." She laid the cloth on his forehead. "So . . you and Tera seemed close."

"Been through a lot."

"Was she your girlfriend?"

He gave a laugh that sounded like a grunt. "Not at all."

"And you really didn't sleep with Imatra?"

"Bloody hell, noooo, I didn't . . . She's a slag."

"Then why did you kiss her?" Holly asked.

"Directions. . . and to see."

"To see what?"

"That it wouldn't be all that bad without you."

This was interesting. "Did you make a determination?"

He gave a bitter laugh. "It'll be all that bad."

Oh, Cadeon. "You've known I was your female for a year?" He nodded. "Why I would be chosen for you?"

"Fate decides . . . who I can be most satisfied with."

Nibbling her lip, she asked, "Have you slept with anyone else since you knew it was me?"

"Gave a halfhearted try for a witch . . . she wanted a werewolf instead."

There was no getting around it--Holly was jealous of the witch.

But then Cadeon said, "And I wanted you.”
Kresley Cole, Dark Desires After Dusk

message 1: by PT (new) - rated it 3 stars

PT Wished I had loved this book as much. I agree with much of what you said, but I just wasn't feeling this one. I can't wait for Rydstorm. I think he's the Wodede that I was more fascinated with anyway.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) The great thing about this series is each book is unique. I loved Kiss of a Demon King but it was totally different in how it read. Some readers had issues with Sabine but I really liked her and think she was good for Ryd. I hope you do like KOADK more.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Great review, Danielle!