Rabid Readers Reviews's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks

Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks by Phil Torcivia

Jun 25, 12

Read in June, 2012

Mormon Silver is a 50ish silver sock obsessed man who does not seem to have had a lot of sex in his life. Beatrice Plastique is a hockey obsessed younger woman who seems to have had nothing but sex in her life. Can these two wacky kids make a go of it and find love in a wasteland of bodily fluids?

I have not read "Fifty Shades of Gray." I have read countless romance and erotica novels and this story was perhaps a perfect overview parody of all of the genre as a whole. As I sit here thinking about what to write in this review, I find myself laughing at the many euphamisms used for varied body parts. My absoulte favorite line in the book is when Silver says to Beatrice that he has "one hungry Kindle" as she's agreed to give him a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate for bringing her to orgasm three times in a day. This may be a job I need. LOL

As I finished this book I almost wanted to read the series it parodies just so I can get the full impact of the jokes but there was no need. The read was compact and funny and I'm going to recommend it to the people who keep telling me that I need to read the Fifty Shades series.

You should pick this one up today!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks.