Dana's Reviews > Where the Chill Waits

Where the Chill Waits by T. Chris Martindale

Jun 25, 2012

I originally picked this book up at Brand Books in Glendale in their used section. It looked interesting, so I bought it, read it, then traded it back in. I immediately regretted trading it back in because it was one of those books that I knew I'd want to re-read and keep in my collection. SO I waited until the owner reshelved it and bought it again! I'm so glad I did - this remains one of my top 10 favorite horror novels of all time. The windigo (wendigo, depending on who's spelling it) hasn't gotten a lot of "air time", so to speak, either in publishing or films, and when it has, I have been generally disappointed in the results. Stephen King gave us a hint of how chilling the windigo could be in Pet Semetery, and Martindale's Where the Chill Waits takes that promise and runs with it. Find yourself a copy of this book and then pick up Demon Dance (zombie buffalo!), Night Blood (his first novel, which was nominated for a Stoker award) and Voice in the Basement. Then send him letters and tell him to write more books!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Chill Waits.