Dana's Reviews > Where the Chill Waits

Where the Chill Waits by T. Chris Martindale

Jun 25, 12

I originally picked this book up at Brand Books in Glendale in their used section. It looked interesting, so I bought it, read it, then traded it back in. I immediately regretted trading it back in because it was one of those books that I knew I'd want to re-read and keep in my collection. SO I waited until the owner reshelved it and bought it again! I'm so glad I did - this remains one of my top 10 favorite horror novels of all time. The windigo (wendigo, depending on who's spelling it) hasn't gotten a lot of "air time", so to speak, either in publishing or films, and when it has, I have been generally disappointed in the results. Stephen King gave us a hint of how chilling the windigo could be in Pet Semetery, and Martindale's Where the Chill Waits takes that promise and runs with it. Find yourself a copy of this book and then pick up Demon Dance (zombie buffalo!), Night Blood (his first novel, which was nominated for a Stoker award) and Voice in the Basement. Then send him letters and tell him to write more books!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Chill Waits.