Amanda's Reviews > Where The Heart Lies

Where The Heart Lies by Michelle Garren Flye

Jun 25, 2012

Recommended to Amanda by: received from netgalley.com
Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

After her marine husband dies in Afghanistan, Alicia moves back to her late husband's hometown with her two young children to run the family bookshop. Her father-in-law is ill and has asked her to take over. During an event filled first evening meeting Penny and her teenage daughter, tired and hungry Alicia meets Ty's old school friend Liam, a Physics Professor. Will they overcome the obstacles that meet them on the rocky road to romance or will love lead the way?....

That's how I saw the premise of the book. Where the Heart Lies was a very lovely read. It was a relaxing book, and obviously the twists and turns keep the reader turning page after page. I really liked the way the flag and its folds was explained apart from the fact the book mentions 13 folds but only tells you about six of them, which was rather frustrating.

I liked Liam and Alicia's romance which was played out beautiful. Obviously there are secrets hidden, not only from Alicia but from Ty's family too.

A very nice and pleasant book. I really enjoyed it. If there was a downside, too many secondary characters taking the edge off Liam and Alicia's budding relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where The Heart Lies.