Barbara's Reviews > Tales of the Emerald Serpent: Ghosts of Taux

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: sf-f
Read in June, 2012

3 1/2 stars from me.
Very entertaining anthology of stories set in the fictional city of Taux. The Emerald Serpent in a bar where a number of the characters have a drink from time to time. Taux is fascinating--based very much on the ancient cities of the Maya & Aztec peoples. But the original inhabitants of the city have vanished--sucked into the walls and trapped there by some terrible sorcery. The abandoned city stood vacant for a number of years but is now being resettled and it is the new-comers who are the center of our stories.
I wanted more! I was prepared to keep on reading. The final story ends in such a way that there can easily be more to come. While each story was complete in and of itself, there were several that left me wanting to know more--which is a good sign.
The interior illustrations are fantastic and show well in the ebook format.

This was a Kickstarter project that I am happy to have supported.
Some big names contributed stories--Julie Czerneda, Harry Connolly, Martha Wells, Lynn Flewelling, Juliet McKenna and others. I especially want to know what else happens to the two young men introduced in Flewelling's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales of the Emerald Serpent.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Is this anthology related to or based on something I need to be familiar with to read it?

Barbara Miriam--
No, you can read this cold and enjoy it just fine. Don't need to read anything else or have played any game, etc. I got it because several of my favorite authors were contributing stories.

message 3: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Yes, I saw it because Martha Wells contributed. Thanks!