Brennyn Pieper's Reviews > Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha

Fever Moon by Karen Marie Moning

Jul 13, 12

Read on July 12, 2012

3.5 stars for the plot & 5+ stars for the beautiful artwork

I think that Karen Marie Moning is one of the best authors out there. The way she is able to tell a tale and create a world in your mind based on just her amazingly descriptive words is not an easy feat but she does it with finesse. Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha doesn’t have the quality of good story telling that the rest of the fever series did. This is partly due to the fact it is a graphic novel. That being said it is a beautiful graphic novel. Al Rio and his colorists have done an exquisite job of bringing the fever world onto paper. Barrons is HOT!! I mean wow, and Mac is pretty hot herself. I appreciated the way Dani was drawn, because I have difficulty finding her attractive and I found that she was in this novel.

I did miss the chemistry that seemed to be palpable only through the writing style of the original fever series. When the setting and world are drawn for you and your imagination can’t play and create, the fun related to reading is reduced.

I recommend this book for anyone who loved the fever series, however go into it with an open mind in that the story is not up to par with what we are used and the sexual tension has been diluted. Also one should know that this book takes place during Shadowfever, in about the middle of the book. I was hoping for a novel that picked up where shadowfever left off but alas it was not to be.

I did not appreciate: (view spoiler)

Some of my favorite scenes include: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever Moon.

07/12/2012
70.0% "The artwork is amazing and seeing Barrons in color is well worth it :)" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by R.E. (new) - added it

R.E. Hunter Great review Brennyn! I'll definitely have to give it a shot :)

Brennyn Pieper Thanks Rose! I was originally just going to buy the kindle version but the hardcover is so stunning :) It's like holding Barrons *sigh*