Lara's Reviews > Dead to the World

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Nov 24, 08

Read in November, 2008

#ALERT: SPOILERish#

Liked it! I still find Sookie quite irritating but I really liked how in this story Eric plays a major role. In my point of view his character is the most interesting in the series and, even if in this book he went through a personality make-over, I loved him nonetheless!
I obviously liked very much how Sookie/Eric's relationship developed in the story even if it was only a temporary thing (I'm still hoping for the future books but I'm not that confident about it)and how Bill was pretty much ignored in his short appearance.

*marginal note* why every single guy that appears in the books ends in love with Sookie?! This time it was Calvin's turn as if Sam, Bill, Eric & Alcide weren't enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to the World.

Quotes Lara Liked

Charlaine Harris
“If there were an international butt competition, Eric would win, hands down—or cheeks up.”

Charlaine Harris
“I felt like a car that had only been operated by one driver… a car its new prospective buyer was determined to take to the Daytona 500.”

Charlaine Harris
“As the water pounded on my back, I reflected that I must be pretty simple. It didn't take much to make me happy. A long night with a dead guy had done the trick.”

Charlaine Harris
“Though I was standing in front of a mirror, I wasn't really seeing my reflection. I was seeing, very clearly, that—at the moment—I was all in the world that Eric could think of as his own. I had better not fail him.”

Charlaine Harris
“Vampires. They wrote the book on possessive.”

Charlaine Harris
“...But also because I find I really do…" He paused, as if he were about to say something outrageous. "I find I have feelings for you."
"Oh," I said into his chest, sounding as astonished as Eric had(...)"Eric," I said, after a long pause, "I almost hate to say this, but I have feelings for you, too.”

Charlaine Harris
“We could go back," he said. In the dome light of the car, his face looked hard as stone. "We could go back to your house. I can stay with you always. We can know each other's bodies in every way, night after night. I could love you." His nostrils flared, and he looked suddenly proud. "I could work. You would not be poor. I would help you."

"Sounds like a marriage," I said, trying to lighten the atmosphere. But my voice was too shaky.

"Yes," he said.”