Beth's Reviews > Betrayal

Betrayal by Gregg Olsen

Oct 06, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, ya, young-adult, paranormal, fiction, murder, mystery
Read in October, 2012 — I own a copy

Hayley and Taylor Ryan are twins that share a special supernatural bond. They can tell when an unnatural (murder) or unexpected death has occurred.

An exchange student, Olivia Grant, is stabbed to death at a Halloween Party in the town of Port Gamble. Suspicion toward Drew, Olivia’s boy friend, and Beth, best friend to Hayley and Taylor, immediately grows and to save their friend Hayley and Taylor must discover the murdered before the wrong person is accused.

The story is based loosely on the Amanda Knox case. Even though it is based on an actual murder investigation, the surprising twists and turns in this book keep you transfixed to the story.

Let me just say that I did not read the first book in this series. Betrayal can stand alone. This is an interesting young adult murder mystery with a dash of paranormal on the side. In the end, I found Betrayal an easy, enjoyable and intriguing read.

This ARC copy of Betrayal was given to me by Goodreads First Reads and Sterling Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal.