Josh's Reviews > Fighting Boy Meets Girl

Jan 12, 09

bookshelves: light-novel
Recommended for: action/scifi fans
Read in January, 2009, read count: 1

Well, I have to say I'm very honestly surprised by this one. I picked up Full Metal Panic simply because I knew TokyoPop's light novel line had been discontinued, so I just bought it thinking if I didn't I'd regret it later. And after reading it (which took only a day) I have to say I came away loving it.
This novel is the basis for both the manga and anime series and I have honestly read/watched neither of them. I'm very likely to now, though.
The story is a action/sci-fi with great moments of comedy throughout. I would be laughing one second, only to be on the edge of my seat the next during one of the battle scenes.
What I really liked about this book is its references to cultural and political events of the 80s and 90s, but that never bogs down the story in any way. It gives you some insight to how the technology in this world came about.
Don't think that because the cover shows an anime-style boy and girl that this book is going to be really over the top. It's an excellent story that just about anyone can enjoy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Boy Meets Girl.