Emily Tuckett's Reviews > Heir Apparent

Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde

Jun 24, 2012

Experience the new virtual reality! Rasmussen Gaming Corporation offers a new One of a Kind gaming experience. Don’t just play the game, be in the game. State of the Art technology makes you feel as though you are experiencing the game first hand–Smell, Taste, Touch, Feel the Adventure!

Giannine’s life is anything but spectacular. So when her absent father gifts her a voucher for a Total Immersion Virtual Reality game, Giannine chooses ‘Heir Apparent’ and plunges into a medieval adventure of magic and intrigue. But when the gaming equipment is damaged by political protesters the game becomes more than just virtual. It becomes deadly.

“Heir Apparent” by Vivian Vande Velde is a novel about choices, and how this ‘choose your own adventure’ story creates a real-life consequences. This easy-to-read novel is fast paced and exciting. Velde’s tale reminded me of one of my library staples, ”Crusader” by Edward Bloor. “Heir Apparent” shares several feature with “Crusader” that caused me to read it again and again. Both share a strong female character who grows and learns from the choices she makes, as well as an unpredictable, lively plot. As well, I love that Velde’s choice of audience ensures her content be clean and wholesome.
Content Review (highlight to read)

Sexual Content: None

Language: None

Themes: Mild (The character gets ‘killed’ several times)

Original posting from www.MyNovelAddiction.Blog.com by Emily Tuckett

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir Apparent.