Paradoxical's Reviews > Dragon Flight

1964421
Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reading-list, books-otherwise
Read in June, 2012

Creel and company are back for a whole new adventure. Granted, said adventure is moderately similar to the first book in ways, but it was pleasant to read regardless.

In any case, the second book, Dragon Flight is on par with the first book. I don't feel as if any great new strides are made by the book, but that's not what the book is about. It's about a girl, a bunch of dragons, and an adventure that's basically always right at your doorstep.

I think the best part of the books is the relationship between humans and dragons, especially between Creel and the rest. There's just something about dragons, dragon friends even, that makes me smile. It's just a quick, easy book that gives you warm fuzzies at the end.

Nobody is really well drawn out except for Creel. Or, rather, the human characters are kind of flat, while we see more dimension in the dragon ones. I'm rather fond of Creel, actually, the way she's rather no nonsense and doesn't seem to care about what station a person has. It's fun to read how frustrated she gets, how she loves her friends, and her approach to situations that may not be all that typical. And the dragons, well, they're fun. They're always fun. It makes the humans seem rather dull in comparison.

In any case, much like the first book in tone and pace, if you liked the first then you'll like the second. 3 stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Flight.