Monique's Reviews > Dead and Gone

F 50x66
Jun 24, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I am a total fan of Charlaine Harris, but this book was disappointing. Sookie has become increasingly morose and negative about all the things that happen to her, so what's the point of being the heroine of a series of novels if you're going to hate it? This book had too much going on, in my opinion, too many stories layering and converging upon each other and generally not making sense. Call me dense (many have!) but at this point I still can't tell who Sookie loves and/or wants to be with. I can't tell the desires and motives of Sam, or Alcide, or most of the main characters of the book except for Bill.

The complete lack of interaction with Eric felt like he had been "written out" of the series when in fact with such an important issue at hand, I wanted to see MORE conversation between he and Sookie, not listen to what she sort of feels but is doubtful about, and what she surmises he feels and intends.

Being a good little series follower I will, of course, wait for the next book and read it too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Gone.