Dorine White's Reviews > The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy

Jun 24, 12

Let’s take a look at a hilarious middle grade novel from Walden Pond Press, The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy.

The Story- Prince Charming, well actually Prince Liam, Prince Frederic, Prince Duncan and Prince Gustav, but all known by Prince Charming, have a problem. Their happily ever afters aren’t going so well, and all their princesses have taken off for greener pastures. The motley crew of princes head off to find their ladies, and bump into each other along the way, forming a group.

But, the princes’ troubles are just beginning, because it seems an evil witch has stolen the princesses and the
bards that sing their songs, all in an attempt at revenge. So, despite the princes’ shortcomings, and there are many, they must battle trolls, bandits, dragons and the dreaded witch, and become real heroes.

My Thoughts- This is a great middle grade read full of humor and comic action. I loved reading about the different princes and realizing just how different their character’s were from what we know from common fairy tales. These poor men have major issues, but are golden at heart and lovable.

And then we have the princesses. Great ladies filled with spunk and courage who want their own adventures. Together the tale of the princes and princesses is a riot, and as they come together in the end you feel a great satisfaction.

A great read for girls and boys ages 8 and up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom.