Melissa's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Phillip W. Simpson

Jun 30, 2012

bookshelves: summer-reading
Read from June 26 to 30, 2012

I love my Kindle, I really do. But I am a bit sad that I can't get this book in a bookstore. I would have loved a hard copy.

That is honestly my only complaint! The subject matter was fascinating - I am not sure if there are other books about this prophesied event or not, but I know I have never read one. I normally would have NEVER picked up a book about the topic, but I saw amazing reviews about it and then fell in love with the cover.

And I am SO glad I read it!

This book was well paced, full of action, and I kept wondering what would happen to Sam and if he would ever see Aimi again. I just couldn't wrap my head around the two never seeing each other, or moreso, Sam being denied entrance to heaven because of his nature because he so believed in his faith.

I was continously on edge waiting to see what happened, cried during some parts (when the Rapture occured, most of all. When he smiled at feeling a divine presence..amazing!), was not surprised at who betrayed him (that was obvious!) but am still curious as to what was the great offer he was given, and by the end, wanted more more more!

Wonderful book and looking forward to the next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.