Jon's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

Dec 12, 12

bookshelves: arc, contemporary, paranormal, series-i-want-to-continue, mystery
Read from December 07 to 08, 2012

Find this review at Scott Reads It
When I received an ARC of Crash I was really excited to read it because I really enjoy McMann's other books. Many readers have criticized Wake and claimed it was a horrible book but I think it was a really good and original read. Anyway I really like Lisa McMann's writing style in general so it's not much of a surprise that I really enjoyed Crash.

Crash is one of the best and most original Paranormal Romances of the year hands down. Jules keeps seeing visions of a crash and 3 people die in the crash, one of which she knows. Soon Jules starts seeing this vision everywhere including on TV commercials, billboards, and windows. Can Jules how to stop the crash from taking place and save lives?

Crash was an extremely fast-paced and compelling read that I didn't want to end. There is tons of humor in Crash and at times I caught myself laughing. I really enjoyed the romance and family rival aspects of Crash. Crash features a star-crossed lovers plotline that was enticing to read about after reading so many mediocre books. Basically Crash is Romeo and Juilet meets True Blood in such an interesting manner that you'll want to set aside everything else.

Everything in Crash was so well-executed and realistic. All of the characters in Crash weren't one dimensional at all like in most YA reads. The characters in Crash were well-developed and with interesting personalities. Not often do I read a book where I actually really like most of the characters. The only character I didn't like was Jule's dad, but I don't think I was supposed to like a psychotic hoarder like him.

Crash was just one of those books that grabs your attention immediately. Lisa McMann has written a sure-fire hit that readers will devour immediately. Honestly Lisa McMann hasn't disappointed yet and this is one of those books you won't want to miss. I recommend this book for fans of Wake and Hex Hall. Crash will leave readers clamoring for more with that shocking cliffhanger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

12/07/2012
30.0% "Fast-paced and original so far."