Amanda's Reviews > The World of the Hunger Games

The World of the Hunger Games by Kate Egan

Feb 05, 13

Read in June, 2012

Much like with the Tribute Guide, this book has nothing new for real fans of The Hunger Games.

The book itself looks really nice and includes some pictures I don't remember seeing officially released elsewhere, but it's basically just a summary of the movie (and a bad one at that). It provided completely random pieces of information and then left out other, more worthwhile parts of the storyline (like the changes in rules during the games that allows Katniss and Peeta to team up). Plus, it oddly rushes through the Games themselves, devoting only 48 pages to pics/content from the arena in a 192 page book.

As for the additional, new content from interviews with Suzanne Collins, I remember reading one or two quotes from her in the book, but they were so uninteresting that I don't even remember what they were about.

I have no idea how this book is averaging 4.5 stars. This is most definitely another book that was written for the sole purpose of capitalizing on the release of the movie. I just wish Scholastic had been honest and said these tie-in books were literally just amateur summaries of the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World of the Hunger Games.