Bron's Reviews > Truthseeker

Jun 24, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fae, wales, urban-fantasy
Read in June, 2012

Imagine living in modern times and having to speak the truth all the time, imagine also getting really uncomfortable every time someone told an untruth, to Lara Jensen, each truth told was music to her ears, and each untruth caused bad vibrations. By carefully choosing her profession and friends, Lara had managed to iron out a lot of the disharmony and was successfully living with this problem. Until the day her best friend decides that Lara should meet the local weather reporter, a guy Lara likes because he manages to lie to her without setting off any of the usual alarms (he just skipped around the untruth).

Unfortunately, the weather man is actually a seelie, and he is here to take Lara back to his world, so that she can find his brothers murderer. Once entwined with the fae world, Lara learns to utilise her power fast, and it takes on a whole new level, allowing her to manipulate her way through the fae world and back to hers, but once back she finds chaos and must use her abilities to try to fix things.

I found our heroine to be quite a bland character, and liked her best friend much more, Kelly was vibrant, aware of the world around her, and extraordinarily loyal. Dafydd the ?faerie? or ?elf? (you read the book and decide, both terms were thrown around) was a weak character, and the attraction of Lara wasn't given enough meaning for me to feel it. This book is full of action and I can't wait to see what will happen in the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truthseeker.