Louise's Reviews > The Death of Bunny Munro

The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave

Jun 24, 12

I am a major Cave fan! I love his music and I think his first novel And The Ass Saw The Angel is a masterpiece! One of the greatest book ever written.
This book just makes me sad. Coming from the brilliant mind who gave us ATASTA, The Mercy Seat, The Sorrowful Wife, The Carny and I could go on. Here is a man who can make you laugh and cry at the same time. Who can make you love those no one can love.
This book is so below him! It reeks of midlife crisis! And possibly even (though it breaks my heart to say so) the knowledge that he now has such loyal fan base that they'll love him no matter what.
Apart from a few really good passages concerning Bunny jr this is just like visiting a 12-year old school boys head. Come on, you 50+, saying cunt and pussy 50 times in one page can't possibly be exiting anymore.
Maybe I'm cruel to say so but lets face it: mr. Cave is a true port and writer when he is miserable. He should not be writing anymore books as long as he's a happy family guy if this is what comes out of that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death of Bunny Munro.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Nova I will just have to read this book and decide for myself now. Thanks for the review.