Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > ReVamped

ReVamped by Ada Adams

Jun 24, 12

Read on June 24, 2012

ReVamped Review on K-Books

"I was falling for the one guy in the world I had never expected to fall for and I was falling hard."

I really don't know what to say when thinking about this book. I had heard great things about this book but after reading so many vampire books I was completely prepared for this to be just another vampire book. I was completely surprised and ended up loving this book.

Vampire Dawn has always been trained to be her father's second-in-command. So when an important mission comes up and Dawn is sent to do it she thinks her life is finally going to begin. What she doesn't count on is her life changing forever and her life being put in grave danger. Trying to train her new vampire friends to protect the town of Angel Creek Dawn finds herself torn between two guys, Ethan, the human who is crushing hard on Dawn and the uptight mysterious vampire Sebastian who Dawn feels a strange connection to. Can she sort out her tangled feelings and protect her life?

I was really consumed by this story and ended up reading it one sitting. I couldn't put it down and was completely hooked from page one. Ada is such a fantastic author and she completely sucks you in from the prologue. Using foreshadowing to show us a glimpse of what is to come was such a fantastic way to start this book and I just couldn't stop reading and needed to know what was going to happen. This book is sweet, beautiful and exciting. I loved seeing the relationships between the characters develop and loved that the characters grew so much throughout the book.

Dawn is such a fantastic lead character and I loved her. She is just fantastic. She is strong and doesn't fear change. She thrives under pressure and she definitely isn't one of these YA characters who sits around waiting for a guy to save her. When she is in danger she takes charge of the situation and acts to help her friends. I really loved her and she is one of my favourite YA lead characters. I felt like Dawn really grew throughout this book. She started as the innocent daddy's girl who led a very sheltered life and she grew up a lot and ended up the strong-willed action girl who would stop at nothing to solve the problem and help her friends.

The guys. This is what every girl wants to hear about for the books. Well in this book there are two completely swoon-worthy guys and I fell in love with them both. Ethan is the cutest, sweetest character ever. He's so adorable and from the moment we met him in the book I was constantly going awww. BUT there was something about him that I didn't trust throughout the book and I turned out to be right but at the end I still loved him.
Sebastian on the other hand... WOW! I just completely fell in lust... er... I mean Love from the first moment. I liked the book a whole lot and then we met Sebastian and I immediately loved it. He is hot, mysterious, brooding and I just loved him. The more of Sebastian that I read the more I totally loved him.

This book was completely amazing and I couldn't put it down. It's amazing in terms of the relationships and I totally loved every character in it. The thing I loved most about ReVamped is that it is fast-paced and action-packed. I was sat holding my breath waiting to find out what was going to happen. I loved every moment of this book. It is no ordinary vampire book. It's completely unique and I loved that. It's so difficult to find an original vampire story and at times I feel like the whole vampire thing has been overdone and get a little bored of it. ReVamped is amazing and unique and it has me hanging on for book 2.
A must-read

"You kept inching your way into my mind, as if you had some crazy hold over me."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ReVamped.