Libbeth's Reviews > The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Ultimate Reading List

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Ultimate Reading List by Shelley Mosley

Oct 31, 08

bookshelves: tcigtturl-club-to-read
Read in October, 2008

Each recommended book has a brief synopsis and sometimes an interesting tit bit, fact or other notes about the book or the author. The chapters are arranged in various genres and within a few minutes reading you are jotting down books to add to your "to be read" list and ticking off ones already read.
On the down side, I did not take into account when I ordered this book that it would have a heavy leaning towards American works, particularly the chapter on humour (or humor) which is mainly about American comedians and not about novels which have humorous story lines, as I first expected.
I will enjoy working my way through this book but am also dabbling in 1001 Books which has a more international feel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Ultimate Reading List.

10/25/2008 page 60

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman That's interesting about the difference in perspective of what books about humor consist of. I would have also thought that the subjects would be stories with humorous content, not about comedians, which I guess turned out to be biographies, yes?

Not that biographies aren't nice to read, one can learn a lot from reading about someone's life (and perhaps gain a new perspective and respect for the person). I should probably at least take a look at it.