Jenna's Reviews > The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Aug 05, 12

Recommended to Jenna by: myself
Recommended for: fans of the twilight saga
Read in June, 2012, read count: 1

The concept is pretty good; I'm all for girls finding dead bodies.
But I though the book was slow moving (a shame because I love a good FICTITIOUS serial killer) I just didn't like Violet. Something about her just really grated on my nerves. the book wasn't bad it just wasn't really good. Average I guess. I'm going to be honest here though I only read it for the serial killer's notes. Shameful, but thoroughly entertaining. I positively love diving into the minds of insane people.

I also positively hate it when the main characters are in danger of death. I mean there was a second, and third book coming out (the author probably didn't have this planned at the time, but oh well). I also hate it when Violet seemed to only notice that Jace (I think that was his name) was a guy when he got his muscles and girls started to swoon for him *groan* Why does there always, always! have to be a handsome love interest in YA books I mean come on can we have a guy who isn't perfect, or drop dead gorgeous in anyway. I like nice, and easy on the eyes is good to.

I didn't feel like there was really any romance or suspense, and Violet seemed to nearly swoon every time her best friend from childhood touched her, I mean come on, is anyone having any major Toilet saga (creative huh) flashbacks. Really? No one is that perfect! There were some major moments where I felt the overwhelming urge to bang my head against the wall.

Over all I really don't know why every one was so plain gaga for this book (yeah I'll admit I did want to read It and I got my hopes up) but in the end it just didn't live up to it's expectations (and if you knew me you would know that things not living up to expectations is on of my biggest pet peeves). I was expecting stellar, and amazing but really the end result was; meh.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Jenna, you are so funny!