CekMoNSter's Reviews > Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins

Jun 25, 2012

bookshelves: english, fantasy, favourite-writers
Read in June, 2012

Between the first and the second book on the series, I would rate this third book as the second best.
There were a lot of new stuff happening in Underland this time around. Some revelations that left me in disgust especially what happened to all of the infected creatures.

This time around, Gregor had to come back to Underland to attend a meeting to find a cure that will help to cure a fatal plague that had been threatening warmblooded creatures. His mother though, forbid him from entering the land, unless he took her with him, so being the child he was to his parent, unwillingly he took her down under. Only to find that another prophecy had waited for him to fullfill as the Overlander warrior.

What I love about the book..Simple and easy to understand language (almost in every Collins` book, so no surprised there). The book was packed with actions, and the twisted riddle of the prophecy was interesting enough. The whole 'government' behind this sounds pretty much like Hunger Games, because of the evil started to seep into the Underlanders. Never proud of what they did anyway. Personally, I think nothing beats the evilness of humans.Yes, I`m a cat who can read and type.

Aaaanyway, no harm intended but I was really hoping that Collins would use different method to start off a book instead of using the same 'prophecy' thingy. Be more creative author! But a praise for making them less easy to solve.

Boots was always entertaining to watch, and I couldn`t stop thinking how responsible Gregor was to take care of his growing baby sister.It took lots of effort, I know.

Love the book, a good read! Nuff said.

*One reason that me made love reading serial books is because you`ll have an aim to read the next book which probably be to your liking instead of having to search for something that suits your taste..But tiring wait for the next book..Urghh..
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods.