Andrea's Reviews > Waiting

Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams

Jun 26, 12

Read on June 25, 2012

Rating: 4.5

I usually don't do summaries of books...if you want to know what the book is about read the description.
I finished reading this book last night and I'm still thinking about it...I must admit is not the best book I've read but it was a good one. One of the first things that got me into it was the way it was written, since I've never read any book like that I thought it would be something different and new.
I loved how Williams was able to portray London, the main character, and her grief. I felt so much for her and even for Zach (London's dead brother) I absolutely HATED her mom...I wanted to slap her and shake her...try to make her understand what a shitty, selfish person she was and even her dad was disappointing but I'm glad he realized his daughter needed him.
This is a really sad story and at some point in the book I had to stop because the emotions are so raw and so intense it's like you are living them...I loved how Williams used the whole cheating thing (even though I'm totally against it) because that only showed how human, weak and broken London was and made me feel for her even more.
There is not a happy ending but a things will get better ending ...you know that both London and her father are changing and there is hope in the atmosphere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting.