Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > Knee Deep

Knee Deep by Jolene Perry

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from June 24 to 26, 2012

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book and I read it every free chance I had. Even though I could see where the relationship was heading from the very beginning, I had to keep reading to see what would happen and how everything would play out. I could not put this book down and it has, and will stay with me.

Knee Deep was very good. I really don't know what to say about this book except that it was exceptional. Every bit of this book felt real and genuine...not one part felt contrived or fake. Ms. Perry wrote a classic abuser and victim. There were points in time where I just wanted to scream at Ronnie to get far, far away from Shawn and to not turn back. I wanted Luke to help Ronnie but I felt for him as well. He was there...right there...and she could not see him. I could see Shawn changing...yet Ronnie couldn't. So very real.

This was a very powerful book, yet very subtle in its delivery. A must read for all teenage girls and boys! I hope this book reaches teens and helps them to stop this kind of behavior. I hope this helps teens to not get into situations like this because it is so easy to occur.

Would I recommend it: I would definitely recommend this book. I especially think that young adults - both girls and boys - should read this book.

Will I read it again: I'm not sure. I don't think that I will read this book again. It was a great book but not a read it more than once for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knee Deep.