Sophie's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

Oct 16, 08

bookshelves: read-in-2008, young-adult, fiction, own, signed

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.

Quotes Sophie Liked

John Green
“What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

John Green
“And all at once I knew how Margo Roth Spiegelman felt when she wasn't being Margo Roth Spiegelman: she felt empty. She felt the unscaleable wall surrounding her. I thought of her asleep on the carpet with only that jagged sliver of sky above her. Maybe Margo felt comfortable there because Margo the person lived like that all the time: in an abandoned room with blocked-out windows, the only light pouring in through holes in the roof. Yes. The fundamental mistake I had always made—and that she had, in fairness, always led me to make—was this: Margo was not a miracle. She was not an adventure. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.”

John Green
“Radar threw his books into his locker and shut it. Then the din of conversation around us quieted just a bit as he turned his eyes toward the heavens and shouted, "IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT MY PARENTS OWN THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF BLACK SANTAS.”

John Green
“I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is.”