Wendy Darling's Reviews > Anything But Ordinary

Anything But Ordinary by Lara Avery

Oct 24, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: hyperion, 2012-publication, young-adult, realistic-fiction, september, read-2012
Read on August 27, 2012

2.5 stars Hard one to rate. Some sort of short review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anything But Ordinary.

message 1: by Blythe (last edited Aug 27, 2012 05:01AM) (new) - added it

Blythe I was really looking forward to this but it's gotten horrible reviews so far, so this only confirms that I should pass on reading this. Can't wait to read your short review, Wendy!

Wendy Darling Fascinating premise (and interesting, normally great ending) that just meanders too much, Blythe. Could have been a really good book.

message 3: by Blythe (new) - added it

Blythe The negative reviews seem to not like the ending, and I can definitely see why, (view spoiler)

Wendy Darling Well..not quite. (view spoiler)

I actually didn't mind the ending so much, I thought it was an interesting choice. The majority of the book, though, tried to tackle too much, and none of it with enough depth.

message 5: by Blythe (new) - added it

Blythe Hmmm. I actually like that. (view spoiler) I look forward to your short review!

Wendy Darling Exactly! That's how I felt, too. Which is why I wish the middle part was handled with a bit more conviction. We'll see what I can come up with. ;)