Amit Shetty's Reviews > One Shot

M 50x66
Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: reachers-the-man
Read on June 24, 2012

Jack Reacher is back, he's pissed and on a mission to prove a man's innocence, all alone and as always, against all odds.
This Jack Reacher novel deserves special attention since its the first novel in the series to be turned into a Hollywood movie later this year featuring Tom Cruise (who I totally disagree with playing Jack Reacher. They are polar opposites, height-wise and I fear will spoil my image of Reacher when I read future novels).
The one thing I really liked in this novel were Reacher's 9 rules (I prefer "commandments") of a bar fight. Each one better than the last, especially the last, once again proving the universal point in all Reacher's novels "You don't mess with Jack Reacher".
I once read this review by Sun on a Reacher novel, which I really liked and which is undoubtedly true after reading 12 novels,
He could take out Bond, Dirty Harry, Jason Bourne and Ethan Hunt with both hands tied behind his back,. And then sleep with their girlfriends two at a time before getting the last bus out of town.
The one thing I really felt bad about and the reason I am not giving this book 5 stars is that Lee Child doesn't give proper conclusions to his novel, which is quite evident in this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Shot.

Anne Batten-thomas Totally agree reTom Cruise. Now if it was Daniel Craig at eat he looks like the description of Reacher

Amit Shetty Anne wrote: "Totally agree reTom Cruise. Now if it was Daniel Craig at eat he looks like the description of Reacher"
Will have to disagree with you on that one. Daniel Craig has formed an image of Bond, which is by itself, quite an honor. Putting him in Reacher's shoes, will only spoil the image of Bond.
And of course, another reason he should not play REacher is because they are total opposites in terms of destroying the enemy. Bond depends on gadgets, Reacher does not.
In my opinion, Liam Neeson(a bit younger) would have been perfect.