Samara's Reviews > League of Strays

Jun 30, 12

did not like it
bookshelves: arc
Read from June 25 to 30, 2012

I had read a mixed review on League of Strays, but I wanted to give it a try and see whether I'd enjoy it or not. These are one of those times were I wish I had checked the reviews first before I read it and listened!
League of Strays is a group of "misfits" who want revenge, and tend to use violence quite a few times (ever heard of: violence doesn't solve anything?!). Right of the bat I didn't like Charlotte. I could just tell that she would get on my nerves throughout the entire book. That doesn't even compare to how it turned out. I wanted to slap some sense into her so many times for the way she thought. Seriously, your going to make out with a guy you just found out has assaulted and stolen before?! I really couldn't handle the book, especially when they beat up a teen because they thought he was gay! That was something I wanted to skip but seriously, who writes that? The way the scene was written, it was almost as if Charlotte expected the jock to get beat up because he was gay. Throughout the book, all they do is bully when there trying to get revenge for being bullied. This book just has a lot of wrong in it. The author is not a bad writer but I think what she did wrong was write about a delicate subject like bullying and not write about the way someone should.

This is an ARC given by Netgalley and ABRAMS/Amulet books
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read League of Strays.