Tam B.'s Reviews > A Nomadic Witch

A Nomadic Witch by Debora Geary

F_50x66
Jun 25, 12

Read from June 23 to 25, 2012

This book was an emotional journey. (I'll likely re-read it soon and may edit this review.)

In this book we feature Marcus, but he's not in isolation. Rather we have a community rallying around Marcus (even if it means ignoring him) to aid him in dealing with Morgan and his grief over Evan. The two are intertwined and cannot be separated. The author warned fans that tissues would be needed in reading this book and she wasn't wrong.

I loved how "net magic" means that the Berkley and Novia Scotia communities are now no longer separated. I LOVED the fairy godfathers (in fact if DG ever published that in it's entirety it would like be as good a seller as her novels). I liked how the smaller details weren't forgotten (not that I expected them to be) - Marcus' guards wearing bunny slippers, Lizzy adding "extras" to herbal remedies. And how we were given snippets of possible things to come - take overs afoot in Witch World from unsuspecting parts. I liked how Marcus opening up wasn't a great revelation or transformation but a process that you got to witness - beginning with light sabres (and wasn't that battle great) and ending with the purple people eater!

So all in all this was another great entry in this series. It continues the give the reader that fabulous sense of community and that all really can be fixed with the right cookie (or ten).

I'm now counting down the days until September.

(If DG ever has an online game created to match the one that exists in her books I might just become a gamer.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Nomadic Witch.