D. VonThaer's Reviews > Infinite Sacrifice

Infinite Sacrifice by L.E. Waters

Jun 23, 12

Read in May, 2012

Infinite Sacrifice is the first book in the series by L.E. Waters and the premise is fascinating. Waters clearly did her homework as she takes Maya through the ages in various forms. What you read is true to the time, and it shows. You know you're in Egypt when Maya is in Egypt. The writing is clean and direct with very little flourish. Historically, she is spot on and should be commended.

The book deals with reincarnation and Waters offers her own feelings on the subject through her characters, flushing them out, trying to dig through the 'what ifs' as Maya tries to decide whether or not her journey should end, or if she should continue the path. I enjoyed the stories within the story and the guides at the end of each story were helpful.

I would have given 5* had it not been for a few issues I had when reading the book. I felt both the prologue and the epilogue were unnecessary and took away more than they complimented. After reading the epilogue, especially, I felt as if I'd read a few short stories and they were being tied up neatly for me by some editor, leaving very little room for excitement for the second installment. I think the epilogue could have been broken up into smaller pieces at the end of each of the four stories, and it would have blended seamlessly. The way it appears at the end feels jarring and anti-climatic.

Overall, Infinite Sacrifice is not only a great read laced with committed characters and vivid scenery. As a huge fan of historical fiction, I'd recommend this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinite Sacrifice.