Pam's Reviews > The Myth of You and Me

The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart

F_50x66
Aug 14, 14

Recommended for: may give to a few friends
Read from June 23 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: once

I enjoyed this novel but am not sure at what point I decided that. I don't know why I bought it but it has been on my to-read shelf since 2007 and I'm trying to get some of my older books read in between reading all my way too many new ones.
It is an easy to read story about friendship without a lot of detail which makes it also a fast read. Cameron is trying to get her life in order and she is a reader which always is interesting for me to read about since I love books. I would have like more detail about the mother of Sonia who was just a mess - never really did understand that whole deal.
I think it became a book I liked is because who hasn't had friendships and/or relationships that somehow, as important as they were at the time, fade away but then every once in while come back to mind and we wonder about what might have been. Also there were a couple of observations that I want to remember...

"Some memories are kept not in the mind but in the body."

In reference to Dickens changing his unhappy ending of "Great Expectations" to a happy ending to give love a victory, Cameron's father tells her "You know, a happy ending is not really the end. It's just the place where you choose to stop telling the story. Why not make everything work out when you have the chance?" I love that!

The author chooses to end her story this exact way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Myth of You and Me.