Lucas's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Jun 24, 12

I have never in my life encountered a greater scourge upon the earth than the Hunger Games. This book should burn in Hell and never be seen again. I despised every single aspect of it. Firstly, you may ask why. allow me to explain. But, for those of you who are fans of the book, look away, for this is going to be one hate filled review. Firstly, before I even address this attempt of a plot, you should know that this was stolen. That's right. The fiendish Suzanne Collins stole it. "From where?" you ask? From a Japanese novel called Battle Royale. In Battle Royale, 50 teenagers are selected to face off in a challenge called the Program. the one left alive at the end it the winner. Deja vu? WRONG!! Collins obviously has no talent and therefore had no choice but to pilfer off of other's success. Collins was aware thought hat she did need to make some changes to the original story. That's when Catpiss, oops, i mean Katniss comes into play. Now, think about this character. She was invented to carry strong, female role model traits. Therefore, Collins hunted through other literature, picking out traits with her scalpel of idiocy and implanting them into her own creation. And now we have Katniss: a Frankenstein of female character's in literature. Not only did I find Katniss (and her new movie counterpart) physically repulsive, she had the driest personality ever. I don't want to even go into the other ones. Now, back to the writing itself. It is written in first person present tense, which happens to take a lot of talent to do so. And, as we have already established, Suzanne Collins possess no literary talent. The story is full of sentence fragments, grammatical errors, and horrific use of literary language. Either her editor had less talent than her, or they were high when they went through this. There are sooo, many hideous things about this novel. I would give it 0 stars if I could. And one day, hopefully Suzanne Collins will come to justice for her crimes against modern literature. However, for now, just stay as far away from this repulsive work than you can.
And even if you are a fan of this book, and you do not like my review, FRAK YOU, THIS BOOK SUCKS. You would have much better luck reading Twilight, at least the plot is original...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lucas Ah, but you see, I gathered all of this knowledge without doing so. One need not experience something to know of its outcome. "Better a witty fool than a foolish wit."
-William Shakespeare

And to anyone who reads this besides Kitty, she doesn't know how to pronounce "Almond"! Are we going to trust her opinion on my review now? I think not!
:P

Lucas And that's not a rule either! If one can't read a book without suffering physical consequences (anger spasms, hair loss, sweating) I daresay they can voice the amount of opinional knowledge that was acquired.

Lucas I also warned fans to look away, so it was at your own consequence that you looked upon my review!

Lucas Hey, Shakesphere is awesome!!! And I did read a portion of it, so that counts. And I know of its outcome because Shannon told me.