Robbin's Reviews > The Language of Threads

The Language of Threads by Gail Tsukiyama

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Language of Threads.

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Looks like you're catching up on your GoodReads entries!! I see you marked a Gail Tsukiyama novel - - have you read her "The Samurai's Garden"? I love that book, have read it a couple of times!

message 2: by Robbin (new) - added it

Robbin No, I have not . I favor any of the Chinese authored and themed books. I love the culture and their use of language .

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Ooooh, I could make some great recommendations for Chinese-authored and themed books! I recently came across this, which I had written as part of a review of a book that I didn't like, LOL. A few that I would definitely recommend such as “On Gold Mountain” by Lisa See and “Wild Swans” by Jung Chang

I also recommend “When Red is Black” by Qui Xiaolong, a novel that takes place in modern Shanghai, and “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan” by Lisa See, a wonderful novel and great read about life in the last century in China for women with bound feet.

Have you ever read "Peony" by Pearl Buck? It's about a Jewish family in China in the early part of the 20th century.

message 4: by Robbin (new) - added it

Robbin I have a peony book by Lisa see. I also have shanghai girls. We did snow flower for book club. I love Pearl s buck and Amy tan.
I will read the others. So much to read- so
Little time. I have to