MaryJeanne's Reviews > Kim

Kim by Rudyard Kipling

Aug 11, 12

Read from June 23 to August 11, 2012

Found the audio on Librivox, and the narrator is the same talented man who rocked "Treasure Island." I recently read 2 novels that had heavy references to "Kim" and decided it was high time I read it.

I didn't enjoy the narrator as much on this book... he was superb at pirates in "Treasure Island" but put on a very annoying voice as the old lama in "Kim."

I think I would have been wise to read an annotated version of this book, to better understand the period of history. I tended to lose interest in the middle, being a bit confused about what was going on. Still, Kim is a timeless character, both British and Indian, beyond race or caste, with both feet firmly planted in both worlds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kim.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karenmsisk (new)

Karenmsisk Mary, was one of the books that referenced Kim "The Tiger's Wife"? I mean that you read?if not, you might want to add it.

MaryJeanne Karenmsisk wrote: "Mary, was one of the books that referenced Kim "The Tiger's Wife"? I mean that you read?if not, you might want to add it."

No, one of them was a Mary Russell mystery and the other one was... ?? I do not remember.