Kristy's Reviews > Backstage Pass

Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

2079018
Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, all-nighter, app-kindle, ebook, famous-rising-star, gggrrrr, hott-spots, loved-it, tattoos-piercings, dolla-make-me-holla, yay-quotes
Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

Wow so this was raw and shocking at some parts. I loved it. I loved how much music was in it and who doesn't love hot rock stars.

I was really impressed with how Olivia Cunning gave all the band members such differing personalities. They all had their own quirks that made them so much more real and not just characters in a book.

I fell in love with Brian. How could you not? Rock star + hopeless romantic = YES PLEASE! I love the alpha male characters in books, but some of my most favorite characters are the ones that look hard and untouchable on the outside but are sweet and emotional once someone looks past their outer appearance.

ie
Caden from Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye,
Brian from Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn,
James from More than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart

Those are some of my favorite characters and Brian Sinclair will most definitely joining the list.

BUT because I loved Brian so much, I got to where I didn't care for Myrna much at all. Gosh, I know she had some issues with commitment, but I hated how she continually shredded Brian's heart. OK so maybe it wasn't that bad, but I thought she was kind of callous at times. I did enjoy their story though. Despite my irritation with Myrna. Sometimes I just didn't think she acted like a 35 year old either. I thought she sort of acted more like she was in her mid 20's.

This book was pretty hott! One of my favorite scenes was near the beginning when Brian first started hearing music when he was with Myrna and he wrote the notes on her body... so hott. I also thought it was pretty funny, there many spots that had me laughing and smiling, causing family members to dart strange looks in my direction.

I did have a problem with the ending. I thought it ended rather abruptly. I would have liked an epilogue. So when I get on here to write my review I find out Olivia Cunning DID write an epilogue. I got excited. Hopped on over to Amazon to download immediately and couldn't find it. So I go to her website to find out her freakin' publisher won't let her publish it. What the heck?! So flipping annoying.

Even so, I can't WAIT to read the stories for the rest of the band members. Especially Jace. I really liked him, and his quiet shyness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAVORITE QUOTES

OK so there were lots of quotes that were favorites, but I didn't mark them all because I needed to draw a line somewhere. So I picked the sweetest... and ones that I thought were pretty funny.

"You look gorgeous," he said, kissing her again.

"You look... mysterious." She tapped the brim of his hat with her fingertips.

"It seems we have a lot of rabid fans in Portland." He chuckled. "I've been dodging them all day. Poor Sed had the shirt ripped off his back this morning."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"So my plan to rip your shirt off isn't very original."

~Brian and Myrna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you pouting because I have to work?"

" I don't pout."

Sure looked like pouting to her. "Are you whining because I have to work?"

"No, I'm whining because you'd rather work than spend a week in L.A. with me." Under his breath, he muttered, "Why do I always sound like the chick in this relationship?"

~Myrna and Brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know what they say. Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

"If my heart grows any fonder, it's going to hop out of my chest and into yours."

~Myrna and Brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah Myrna, I think I've loved you since I took my first breath."

~Brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then one of my favorites that was said by about 4 people in a span of 5 pages was.

"None of your business. Go get me a beer."

BUT the best one was when Myrna said it. HA that cracked me up!

In closing, well here...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Yeah, nuff said.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Backstage Pass.

Tokies hot and WAY past sin. great book i hope more from the series!