Drucilla's Reviews > Existence

Existence by Abbi Glines

Aug 03, 13

bookshelves: g
Read from June 23 to 25, 2012, read count: 2

There are some problems with this book. Mostly, it's just dialogue. Some of the characters say things that aren't believable coming from a teenage's mouth, but usually it's just a matter of flow. The writing was also very stiff in some places. There were some unanswered questions, but they were just small things like "Why did Dank hang out with Kendra at all?" and not plot questions, although Dank seems to be a victim of insta-love. It also tends to drag in places. Other than that, I really liked it. So far I think the mythos of the world is really cool. We'll see how it is in the next book. I so loved the fact that (view spoiler) So many series are planned for three or four books and they drag it out forever. This book is part of a trilogy, but it doesn't do that and after that cliffhanger, I can't wait to read the next one.

Side Note: I really am disappointed with the physical book. The book was released first in ebook format and then months later in paperback. The paperback is riddled with grammar mistakes and the formatting is odd too. The book also looks weird because it's tall and thin. If they had shrunk the size, there would have been more pages and, as a result, wouldn't have looked like it was bought from Createspace (although, maybe it was). Granted, I know that the fewer pages there are, the cheaper the book is, but I would have gladly paid the extra it would have taken to make this book look better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Existence.