Viviana Izzo's Reviews > Bound Temptations

Bound Temptations by Shiloh Walker

Oct 09, 12

Read from October 01 to 04, 2012, read count: 1

“Tempt Me”
A quick read with a heroine that is sassy, intelligent, values herself and knows her worth. She is also secured in her looks and body. Loved that Shiloh wrote a heroine that is healthy and full figured. The book/story addressed the issue with society’s messed up view of what is beautiful and sexy. The truth is healthy is beautiful and everyone is different. Some of us have curves and are busty and that is sexy too!

This story isn’t just about the looks of the individual. It’s a romance, so we have a woman who has loved and lost but is not jaded or morning the loss. She’s just refuses to settle for anyone. We also have a man who is in a relationship with someone he no longer loves and has met someone who could be it that brings out the best in him.

That’s the start of Roxanne ‘Rocki” and Cole. As the story develops, we get to know them as they get to know each other. It’s a quick read that keeps you entertained and engrossed in the plot.

“Beg Me”
I really like Shiloh’s writing style. It’s an easy read though it has depth. The characters are each strong but have their own vulnerabilities. The hero is smart, sexy, strong yet in tuned with the needs of the heroine.

“Beg Me” has a disclaimer. Light bondage, rape fantasy & role play. That didn’t deter me what so ever. As I read, and it was at the beginning, it turns out that the heroine was actually raped. The ‘rape fantasy & role play’ is part of the story as well and I can’t get into details or explain better as that would give too much away. Know that, I believe, Shiloh did a great job with how the story/details of the actual rape was shared with the reader.

Over all thoughts:
So what do the two books have in common that they were placed together for the re-release? They both have the common theme of the heroine overcoming a sexual assault and/or abuse. These are two very tough heroines who were victims of a violent crime. They had no control over or fault, regardless of what some may say. Perhaps, it was done on purpose or just subconsciously, but Shiloh made it clear that regardless of how “kinky” or how “out of the box” one’s sex life/love life may be, it doesn’t give anyone the right to judge or accuse the victim of “wanting it” or “deserving it”.

What stands out is that these two very different heroines both fight to gain control of their lives and move forward. Refusing to let the abuser have any more control over them. “Tempt Me” and “Beg Me” are two very different stories, but they were both excellently written. This was my first book by Author Shiloh Walker and I will be catching up on her books.

Note: posted original review at Reading Between the Wines Book Club

For this and other book reviews, please visit Viviana, Enchantress of Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound Temptations.

10/04/2012 page 320