Ann aka Iftcan's Reviews > Cynful

Cynful by Dana Marie Bell

In this most recent of the Halle Puma books Julian DuCharme, a recent immigrant to Halle, is finally able to concentrate on winning his mate--Cyn. There are funny parts, moving parts and, of course, a yummy, yummy bear-shifter. Julian is especially important to the shifter community, as he is one of the very rare Spirit Bears--priests or shaman of the shifter population. He's also a genuinely nice guy. A prophecy is mentioned in this story that appearantly is going to tie this set of stories together. (This is the follow up to Bear Necessities, which in turn was a follow-up to the previous set of stories all set in Halle--or featuring characters that had appeared in those stories.)

Did I mention that Julian is also totally yummy to look at? While I normally don't like males with hair longer than mine, I'd make an exception for Julian.

There is also a mystery in this series--an over-arcing one, as well as one that is specific to each of the individual books. The over-arcing one seems to be about trying to find out who is hurting--and killing--shifters that are hybrids of 2 different species. In Bear Necessities, we are introduced to this problem when Chloe, who had briefly appeared in previous Halle stories, is beaten almost to death and left in the middle of the street. Since that particular mystery still hasn't been cleared up, I'm starting to feel a tad frustrated. But the secondary mysteries are always interesting.

All in all, a quick, light read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cynful.