Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Casting Off

Casting Off by Hugh Howey

Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: adult, science-fiction, futuristic, dystopia-or-apocalyptic
Read in June, 2012

Wool : The Circle of Life at Warp-Speed.

Wool : Where Knowing is NOT Half the Battle

Wool : Ignorance Really is Bliss

Wool : Proving That You're Never as Smart as You Think You Are

Not only have my questions gone unanswered, but now I have new questions. Thanks Mr. Howey, I appreciate it. I don't even know if that's sarcasm coming out or not.

This series of shorts is one big mind trip. I have no idea how so much is packed into so little space; it's quite crazy. But come ON - is anyone going to catch a break? Ever?!?

Reviewing the Wool episodes is darn near impossible. I probably had the most to say about Wool 1 when I was still new to this brand of madness. Now, I've been around the block a couple of times and it's still not old hat, even if the cycle keeps repeating itself. I just hope that someone figures out how to do something. Don't ask me what something is. I don't even know what needs to be done or if anything can be done. That's the brilliance of what's going on here. Who the hell knows?

Juliette might be my favorite character so far but I also liked Lukas, her new friend who introduced her to the stars.
"One," she told him. She was almost breathless from the newness of the sight. She knew what stars were - they were a part of her vocabulary - but she'd never seen one before.

Unrelated to my review but...Bernard, you're an ahole. DIAF, k thanks.

To anyone who's read up through Wool 3 : (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Casting Off.

Isamlq I can't wait to see what you think of the rest! "Proving That You're Never as Smart as You Think You Are" So true!

Stacia (the 2010 club) How far are you? Up through 5?

Isamlq Stacia ~ mistress of mediocrity wrote: "How far are you? Up through 5?"

I'm done till five! Also, very excited about what this author's other stuff... just have to find them :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I just checked and his book Half Way Home is one I picked up along the way as a Kindle freebie and didn't even realize it was his book until now. Score!