Anna's Book Blog's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Jun 28, 12

Read from June 24 to 27, 2012

This review also appears on my blog World of Books

Review: Lately I've been reading a lot of Indie books and I've been surprised with how much I enjoyed them. Beautiful Disaster is no exception.

Honestly when I first saw this book I put it on my wishlist but I didn't plan on reading it any time soon. I have a ton of books that I should be reading right now but for some reason every time I would try to read another book, my mind kept going back to this one. Finally I decided to give it a shot and see if it was any good and I haven't looked back since.

This book became an addiction to me. I couldn't get enough of Abby and Travis's crazy relationship. And boy is their relationship crazy. I'll admit: their relationship is really unhealthy like borderline obsession.But I couldn't help but love their relationship anyway. Travis did a complete one-eighty for her and was willing to do pretty much anything for her no matter what. McGuire did a really good job with making his bad boy turned good persona seem realistic.

I really liked Abby, I thought it was refreshing to have a main character not succumb to a hot guys charm the moment she meets him. I loved that she was so stubborn and really tried to do the right thing while also looking out for what's best for herself. So many times I've read a book where the girl does something stupid just to satisfy the guy they like and I love that Abby wasn't like that. If he crossed the line, she was out. No matter how much it hurt she wouldn't let herself be around someone who would end up hurting her.

This book has made me a mess of emotions but I ended the book happy. If you're looking for something to read and like a book that gets hold of you from the first page and doesn't let go, then this is your book.

Here are some quotes that I absolutely loved and show a little insight on the roller coaster that is Beautiful Disaster:

“I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...”

“It's dangerous to need someone that much. You're trying to save him and he's hoping you can. You two are a disaster." I smiled at the ceiling. "It doesn't matter what or why it is. When it's good, Kara... it's beautiful.”

“To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

Quotes Anna's Book Blog Liked

Jamie McGuire
Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

Jamie McGuire
“You can’t tell me
what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!”
In the second it took him to turn and face me, his
expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward
me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face.
“WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck
bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even
flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.”
Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster