Elaine's Reviews > One Last Lie

One Last Lie by Rob Kaufman

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, kindle, free-kindle-finds
Read from June 23 to 25, 2012

First of all, let me preface by saying that I am not gay. Not that that really needs to be said. (Well, maybe it does.)

Secondly, let me give my thanks to the author for not making this a book of gay erotica because I don't think I could've gotten through this wonderful book with that included.

I must say the synopsis certainly had me intrigued. I also knew that if I got too uncomfortable, I could always stop reading it. I also found that my interest was piqued as to how Jonathan and Philip met, and that in itself surprises me since I'm not a big fan of romance..

Philip has known Angela since his college days but it's been years since he's seen her. Jonathan, upon meeting her for the first time, is immediately skeptical of her but chalks it up to his neurosis. Together the three of them plan on having a baby and sharing the child.

How will such a relationship work? And more importantly, can such a relationship work? How is this handled legally and what are the ramifications? What if one party reneges?

While anything other than heterosexual relationships I'm not entirely comfortable with, this story touches the human spirit in a way that will stay with me for a long while. Considering this, I cannot but give One Last Lie a five-star rating.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Last Lie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob Kaufman Thank you for your review, Elaine. It makes me so happy that you liked "One Last Lie" as much as you did. The fact that you said it "touches the human spirit in a way that will stay with you for a long while" lets me know I did my job well. Thank you.
Rob