Toni's Reviews > The After Wife

The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fiction
Read from June 23 to 30, 2012

This book was surely a surprise. I read her first book, The Starter Wife and loved the story and all of the Hollywood insider tidbits and jokes. The resulting mini-series was disappointing, but I have come to expect that from book adaptations.

In The After Wife, Hannah Marsh, a reality television show producer finds her world altered when her husband dies suddenly. Left to pick up the pieces and raise her daughter, her hilarious friends rally around her for support. While she tries to hold on to her life, her job, and her sanity, she questions (out loud) why this is happening to her. She actually gets an answer and a whole new world and insight into life after death opens up to her.

I didn't know anything about this book when I read it and was truly happy with the outcome. Grazer is still hilarious and manages to fit in so many pop culture references and jokes that you feel as if you are reading about friends. This is the time of year when we hear a lot about "beach reading" and I'm not sure how many people actually take books with them to the beach, but this should be one of them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The After Wife.