Lisa's Reviews > The Other Boleyn Girl

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

F_50x66
Oct 15, 08

Read in October, 2008

First I watched the last 25 minutes of the film adaptation because for about 3 months I was magically getting HBO transmitted onto my cheapo basic cable package. Unfortunately after the Ike evacuation, Cox Cable company showed up at my townhouse to re-connect, discovered the freebie channel, and immediately yanked it from the clutches of my universal remote. Curses!

Instead of putting the DVD in my Netflix queue, I went ahead and checked the book out from the library up the street. The cover featured a picture of ScarJo & Eric Bana & Natalie Portman, so I kept imagining them as the characters. Except for King Henry VIII--for some reason I kept picturing Larry the Cable Guy as him.

Anyway, the book held my interest. I carried it to all my doctors' appointments for the week (prompting my GP to ask, "What's a 'Boiling Girl?'") and finished it in my chiropractor's waiting room. The last 25 minutes are really different from the movie version.

In summary, will definitely re-visit the "G" section of the library for more royal books (after I pay my fees for that "Female Noir" book I didn't realize had an early due date)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Boleyn Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ariel The movie didn't do justice to the book. It's waaaayyy better to read it. :)