Alison's Reviews > Tuesdays at the Castle

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George

Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: own, fantasy, series-started, my-recommendations-for-you, favorites
Read from June 28 to 30, 2012

The summary caught my attention. I want a castle that grows and adds on to itself! Or at least I want one like Castle Glower. I could see how an alive castle could be creepy. Thankfully, it’s an MG book so the castle is charming and delightful.

Celie is an awesome heroine. She’s spunky. I love that she’s smart but not in the ‘nerdy’ way that some books portray smart kids. She’s got a good head on her shoulders. She knows to sit back and watch before making her move. She’s a great princess. She really and truly cares about her staff, the people of her country, and the castle. She tries to do right by everyone and isn’t selfish.

The story was fun enough. For some reason I really enjoy royal drama (a la the Graceling Realm) so this gave me that but the PG version of it. Missing royalty, rushing the crowning, neighboring kingdoms shoving their way in. Ahhhh what’s not to love about that? (Well, I enjoy reading about it. I can’t imagine it would be fun to live through) The kids and the castle all rally together to save the day. Yes it’s a bit cliche but it’s enjoyable enough to make you willing to overlook that.

The bottom line? I liked it very much!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays at the Castle.

06/29/2012 page 82
32.0% "This story is just adorable. Why hasn't someone prodded to read Jessica Day George sooner?!"