Anna's Reviews > Good For You

Good For You by Tammara Webber

Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: amazing-writing, badass-dude, books-i-cried-at, brain-junkfood, i-have-a-crush, i-have-no-idea-where-i-bought-this, lovey-dovey, my-precious, teenage-dreams
Recommended to Anna by: Natalie
Read on June 23, 2012

I feel a tad ashamed at just how much I loved this book, since if I were to reread certain chapters and carefully look for original plot ideas and twists I would probably find none to satisfy my inner literature Nazi. With that being said, I wholeheartedly do not even care.

From the very beginning I fell in love with the characters and the simplistic plot, and the actual emotion they displayed. It just felt so real and unassuming, as if the author wasn't striving to evoke some sort of deeper feeling from the readers, but rather was simply telling the story as it was, leaving how much we relate and sympathize with the characters at our own latitude.

Furthermore, I've always been a sucker for two people from very separate society scenes coming together and finding that despite their cultural differences, they're not so different from each other after all. And of course, who can resist a bad boy turned into a kind humanitarian? Add that to a super muscled body, a handsome face and baby-blue eyes and you've got yourself a recipe for your average Hollywood heartthrob.

Anyway, I feel slightly bad that I've completely ditched the first two books in the series and jumped straight to the third one, but to be honest, after reading the summaries, they just didn't appeal to me as much as this girl-next-door meets Hollywood man-whore tale of love, friendship and trust.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good For You.

06/23/2012 page 141